- The large edible seed of plants of several genera of Fabaceae.
- The seed pod of plants of several genera of Fabaceae.
- A seed of coffee; coffee in the general.
- (British, slang, archaic) a guineau coin.
- (British, slang, usually in the negative) money.
verb (beans, beaning, beaned)
- I haven't got a .
- To hit with a projectile, accurately.
Etymology: From beneMiddle English, bene, from bÄan, bean, pea, legume, from Proto-Germanic
- The pitcher beaned the batter, rather than letting him hit another home run.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bean for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bean