- Something from which other things extend; a foundation.
- The starting point of a logical deduction or thought.
- A permanent structure for housing military personnel and material.
- The place where decisions for an organization are made; headquarters.
- (chemistry) Any of a class of generally water-soluble compounds, having bitter taste, that turn red litmus blue, and react with acids to form salts.
- A safe zone in the children's games of tag and hide-and-go-seek
- (architecture) The lowermost part of a column, between the shaft and the pedestal or pavement.
- (baseball) One of the three places that a runner can stand in safety.
- (biology, biochemistry) A nucleotide's nucleobase in the context of a DNA or RNA biopolymer.
- (botany) The end of a leaf,petal or similar organ where it is attached to its support.
- (electronics) The name of the controlling terminal of a transistor.
- (geometry) The lowest side of a in a triangle or other polygon, or the lowest face of a cone, pyramid or other polyhedron laid flat.
- (mathematics) A number raised to the power of an exponent.
adjective (baser, basest)
- The logarithm to 2 of 8 is 3.
- (topology) The set of sets from which a topology is generated.
base (more base, most base)
Etymology: (Adjective) From bas, from bassus (Noun) From bas, from basis, from Ancient Greek
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for base for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of base