- (countable) (uncountable) The exterior covering of the trunk and branches of a tree; the rind.
- (medicine) Peruvian Bark or Jesuit's bark, the bark of the cinchona from which quinine is produced.
- To strip the bark from; to peel.
- To abrade or rub off any outer covering from.
- to bark one"s heel
- To girdle.
- To cover or inclose with bark, or as with bark.
- bark the roof of a hut
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bark for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bark