verb (barg, ing)
- A large flat-bottomed towed or self-propelled boat used mainly for river and canal transport of heavy goods or bulk cargo
- A richly decorated ceremonial state vessel propelled by rowers for river processions
- A large flat-bottomed coastal trading vessel having a large spritsail and jib-headed topsail, a fore staysail and a very small mizen, and having leeboards instead of a keel
- One of the boats of a warship having fourteen oars
- The wooden disk in which bread or biscuit is placed on a mess table
- To intrude or break through, particularly in an unwelcome or clumsy manner.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for barge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of barge