- An inflatable buoyant object, often (but not necessarily) round and flexible.
- Such an object as a child"s toy.
- Such an object designed to transport people through the air.
- (medicine) A sac inserted into part of the body for therapeutic reasons; such as angioplasty.
- A speech bubble.
- (transitive) To increase or expand rapidly.
Etymology: From ballon.
- His stomach ballooned from eating such a large meal.
- Prices will if we don't act quickly.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for balloon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of balloon