- A solid or hollow sphere.
- An object, generally spherical, used for playing games.
- A quantity of string, thread, etc., wound into a spherical shape.
- of wool
- (baseball) A pitch that falls outside of the strike zone.
- (context, pinball) An opportunity to launch the ball into play.
- (context, ballistics) A solid, sperical nonexplosive missile for a cannon, etc.
- (mathematics) The set of points in a metric space lying within a given distance (the radius) of a given point; specifically, the homologue of the disk in a Euclidean space of any number of dimensions.
- (context, mathematics, more generally) The set of points in a topological space lying within some open set containing a given point; the analogue of the disk in a Euclidean space.
- (context, mildly, vulgar, slang, usually in plural) A testicle.
- (context, mildly, vulgar, slang, in plural) nonsense, Nonsense.
- That"s a load of balls, and you know it! " Synonyms " See WikiSaurus:Nonsense
- (context, slang, in plural) courage, Courage.
- I doubt he"s got the balls to tell him off.
- (cricket) A single delivery by the bowler, six of which make up an over.
- (anatomy) The ball of a foot
- (context, transitive, vulgar) To have sexual intercourse with.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ball for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ball