noun (plural: backbones)
- set of bones which connected make up the spine and spinal column and run down the middle of the back in vertebrate animals.
- any fundamental support, structure, or infrastructure
- Before automobiles, railroads were a of commerce.
- courage, fortitude, or strength
- He would make a good manager, if he had a little more .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for backbone for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of backbone