- Not here; gone.
- unavailable, Unavailable.
- traveling, Traveling; on vacation.
- From a place; hence.
- Absent; gone; at a distance; as, the master is away from home.
- Aside; off; in another direction.
- From a state or condition of being; out of existence.
- By ellipsis of the verb, equivalent to an imperative: Go or come away; begone; take away.
- On; in continuance; without intermission or delay; as, sing away.
- To release (anchors ).
- At a distance in time or space, Christmas is only two weeks away.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for away for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of away