- The act of or an instance of changing the play at the line of scrimmage by yelling out a new one.
verb (audibl, ing)
- The changed the play to a run.
- (intransitive, fb) To change the play at the line of scrimmage by yelling out a new one.
- The quarterback audibled after seeing the defensive formation.
- Being able to be heard.
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : "Now, look here, Jim Hawkins," he said, in a steady whisper, that was no more than ...
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for audible for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of audible