- (uncountable) Mental focus.
- Please direct your to the following words.
- (context, countable, often plural) An action or remark expressing concern for or interest in someone or something, especially romantic interest.
- 1818, w:Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Frankenstein; or, the Modern Prometheus, ch. 3,
- :She attended her sickbed; her watchful attentions triumphed over the malignity of the distemper.
- 1910, w:Stephen Leacock, Stephen Leacock, "How to Avoid Getting Married," in Literary Lapses,
- :For some time past I have been the recipient of very marked attentions from a young lady.
- (context, uncountable, military) A state of alertness in the standing position.
- The company will now come to .
- (context, uncountable, advertising) A rating used to measure a commercial's ability to stand out from other advertising.
- The beer commercial with blonde twins had a higher score than the one showing a family enjoying slipcovers.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for attention for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of attention