adjective (predicative only)
- In a state of sleep; also, broadly, resting. "I was asleep when you called."
- (context, slang) Inattentive. "How could you miss that? Were you asleep?"
- (context, of a body part) Having a numb or prickle, prickling sensation accompanied by a degree of unresponsiveness.
- 2003: Norma L. Bronoski, Nuns Don't Dance
- : Louisa sat in the car crying, until her foot fell asleep. She shook her foot violently, afraid the numbness would turn to frostbite.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for asleep for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of asleep