- The act of ascending. A motion upwards.
- Example: he made a tedious ascent of Mont Blanc
- The way or means by which one ascends.
- Example: There is a difficult northern ascent from Malaucene of Mont Ventoux
- An eminence, hill, or high place.
- The degree of elevation of an object, or the angle it makes with a horizontal line; inclination; rising grade.
- Example: the road has an ascent of 5 degrees
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ascent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ascent