- (uncountable) human, Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
- (uncountable) The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colours, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
- (uncountable) Activity intended to make something special
- (uncountable) A recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value-judgements
- (uncountable) The study and the product of these processes.
- (uncountable) aesthetic, Aesthetic value.
- (context, uncountable, printing) artwork, Artwork.
- (countable) A field or category of art, such as painting, sculpture, music, ballet, or literature.
- (countable) A nonscientific branch of learning; one of the liberal arts.
- (countable) skill, Skill that is attained by study, practice, or observation.
- (archaic) Second-person singular simple present tense indicative of be.
- How great thou !
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for art for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of art