verb (appreciat, ing)
- (transitive) to be grateful or thankful for.
Etymology: Originated 1645"55 from Medieval Latin appreciatus (valued or appraised), from Late Latin appretiatus (appraised), equivalent to Latin ap- + pretim, preti(um) (price) + -ate, -atus.
- I appreciate your efforts
- (transitive) to view as valuable.
- You must learn to appreciate time
- (transitive) to be fully conscious of; be aware of; detect.
- To test the power of bees to appreciate color.
- (transitive) to increase in value.
- The value of his portfolio appreciated by 80% over eight years.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for appreciate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of appreciate