proper noun (wikipedia, Angles)
- A member of an ancient Germanic tribe, one of several which invaded Britain and merged to become the Anglo-Saxons.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Angle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Angle
- (geometry) A figure formed by two rays which start from a common point (a plane angle) or by three planes that intersect (a solid angle).
- the angle between lines A and B
- (geometry) The measure of such a figure. In the case of a plane angle, this is the ratio (or proportional to the ratio) of the arc length to the radius of a section of a circle cut by the two rays, centered at their common point. In the case of a solid angle, this is the ratio of the surface area to the square of the radius of the section of a sphere.
- The angle between lines A and B is Ï€/4 radians, or 45 degrees.
- A corner where two walls intersect.
- an angle of a building
- A change in direction.
- The horse took off at an angle.
- A viewpoint.
- Look at it from this angle.
- (media) The focus of a news story, either in print or broadcasting.
- (professional wrestling slang) In professional wrestling, a storyline between two wrestlers, providing the background for and approach to a feud.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for angle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of angle