- (given name, male), from Angelo or an anglicized spelling of í�ngel.
- (given name, female) from the English noun angel.
- (baseball) A player on the team the "w:Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim".
- Smith became an as a result of a pre-season trade.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Angel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Angel
- A divine and supernatural messenger from a deity, or other divine entity.
- (context, biblical tradition) In Christian angelology, the lowest order of angels, below virtues.
- A selfless person.
Etymology: From engel, influenced in by angele, both from angelus, from Ancient Greek (polytonic, á) (angelos), from Mycenaean Greek (a-ke-ro) "messenger". (See also under Etymology, .)
- You made me breakfast in bed, you little .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for angel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of angel