- An alteration or change for the better; correction of a fault or of faults; reformation of life by quitting vices.
- In public bodies; Any alteration made or proposed to be made in a bill or motion that adds, changes, substitutes, or omits.
- Correction of an error in a writ or process.
- An addition to and/or alteration of the United States Constitution, as in "The First Amendment guarantees the right of free speech."
- That which is added; that which is used to increase or supplement something.
Etymology: French amendement, LL. amendamentum.
- a soil
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for amendment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of amendment