- (context, countable) An understanding between individuals to follow a specific course of conduct, such as an agreement to commit a crime (a conspiracy).
- (context, uncountable) A state whereby two parties share a view or opinion.
- The UK and US negotiators nearing agreement.
- (context, countable) An expression or indication that an agreement has been reached.
- He nodded his agreement
- (context, law, countable) A legally binding contract enforceable in a court of law.
- (context, linguistics, uncountable) Rules that exist in many languages that force some parts of a sentence to be used or inflected differently depending on certain attributes of other parts.
- (context, uncountable) The state of not contradicting one another.
- The results of my experiment are in with those of Michelson and with the law of General Relativity.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for agreement for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of agreement