noun (wikipedia, actor, actor (player))
Etymology: From Latin, actor, (cognate: Ancient Greek (aktor) "leader", from (agÅ) "to lead, carry, convey, bring").
- a person who performs in a theatrical play or film
- one who acts; a doer
- one who takes part in a situation
- An advocate or proctor in civil courts or causes.
- One who institutes a suit; plaintiff or complainant.
- (policy debate) One who enacts a certain policy action.
- (software engineering) The entity that performs a role (in use case analysis).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for actor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of actor