- analysis console for intrusion databases
- (databases) Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability (see Wikipedia:ACID, Wikipedia article on this topic)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ACID for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ACID
- A sour substance.
- (chemistry) Any of a class of water-soluble compounds, having sour taste, that turn blue litmus red, and react with some metals to liberate hydrogen, and with bases to form salts.
- (chemistry) Any compound that easily donates protons.
- (chemistry) Any compound that can accept a pair of electrons to form a covalent bond.
- (slang) Commonly used shortened form of the drug lysergic acid diethylamide, lysergic acid or LSD.
Etymology: From (term, acide, lang=fr), or (term, acidus, , sour, lang=la), from (term, acidere, acidÄre, to be sour, lang=la).
- sour, Sour, sharp, or biting to the taste; tart; having the taste of vinegar: as, acid fruits or liquors.
- (figuratively) Sour-tempered.
- Of or pertaining to an acid; acidic.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for acid for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of acid