- Above is often used further elliptically as a noun by omitting the noun, where it is should be clear what is omitted.
- See the .
- Above is often used elliptically as an adjective by omitting the word said, mentioned, quoted, or the like:
- the (-said) observations
- the (-cited) reference
- the (-quoted) articles
- In a higher place; overhead; into or from heaven.
- He's in a better place now, floating free as the clouds .''
- Earlier in order; higher in the same page; hence, in a foregoing page.
- (rfdate) w:Dryden, Dryden,
- : That was said .
- Higher in rank or power.
- He appealed to the court .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for above for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of above