- (context, usually plural) The action of the verb to work.
- (present participle of, work)
adjective category:English adjectives
- Leave him alone, he's .
- That is or are functioning.
- a working ventilator
- That suffices but requires additional work.
- a working copy of the script
- In paid employment.
- working mothers
- Of or relating to employment.
- the working week
- Enough to allow one to use something.
- a working knowledge of computers
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for working for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of working