- A piping or whistling sound caused by difficult respiration.
- An ordinary whisper exaggerated so as to produce the hoarse sound known as the "stage whisper"; a forcible whisper with some admixture of tone.
- (context, UK, slang) A scheme or plan.
- (slang) Something very humorous or laughable.
verb (wheezes, wheezing, wheezed)
- The new comedy is a .
- You think you're going to win? That's a real !
- To breathe hard, and with an audible piping or whistling sound, as persons affected with asthma.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for wheeze for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of wheeze