- (tincture) A green colour, now only in heraldry; represented in engraving by diagonal parallel lines 45 degrees counter-clockwise.
- (archaic) Green undergrowth or other vegetation growing in a forest, as a potential cover for deer.
- (archaic) The right to fell trees or cut shrubs in a forest.
- 1819: "I understand thee," said the King, "and the Holy Clerk shall have a grant of and venison in my woods of Warncliffe." " Walter Scott, Ivanhoe
- (tincture) In blazon, of the colour green.
- (defn, English)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vert for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of vert