- A member of a supposed prehistoric race that lived in caves or holes, a caveman.
- (context, by extension) Anything that lives underground.
Etymology: From troglodyta, trÅglodyta "cave dwelling people" < Ancient Greek (polytonic, ) (trÅglodutÄs) "one who dwells in holes" < (polytonic, ) (trÅglÄ) "hole" + (polytonic, ) (duÅ) "I get into"
- ''The cave was populated by albino scorpions, blind salamanders, and other troglodytes.
- A reclusive, reactionary or out-of-date person, especially if brutish.
- (computing) A person who chooses not to keep up-to-date with the latest software and hardware.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for troglodyte for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of troglodyte