- one who divulges private information with intent to hurt others
- tattletale; squealer (U.S. slang)
- something that serves to reveal something else
- The was the lipstick on her shirt collar.
- (nautical) a length of yarn or ribbon attached to a sail or shroud etc to indicate the direction of the flow of the air relative to the boat
- revealing something not intended to be known
Etymology: From old English (circa 1550)
- His eye was blinking, a signal that he was lying.
- He blushed when he approached, a sign that he was happy to see him.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for telltale for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of telltale