verb (tabs, tabbing, tabbed)
- A small flap or strip of material attached to something, for holding, manipulation, identification, etc.
- (context, informal) A tablet, especially one containing illicit drugs.
- (context, British Army, slang) A fast march or run with full kit.
- (slang) A student of Cambridge University, derived from the Latin Cantabrigia (often shortened to Cantab.).
- Short for tablature (a way of writing guitar music).
- Mark with a tab.
- (computer) To use the tab key on a computer or typewriter to navigate the screen or page.
- Short for tabulate.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tab for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of tab