Etymology: From Latin, synthesis.
- the formation of something complex or coherent by combining simpler things
- (chemistry) the reaction of elements or compounds to form more complex compounds
- (logic) deduction from the general to the particular
- (philosophy) the combination of thesis and antithesis
- (Military) In intelligence usage, the examining and combining of processed information with other information and intelligence for final interpretation; (JP 1-02).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for synthesis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of synthesis