noun (plural: swishes)
- A short rustling, hissing or whistling sound, often made by friction.
- (basketball) A successful basketball shot that does not touch the rim or backboard.
- An effeminate male homosexual.
- To make a rustling sound while moving.
- "She swishes the comb through her hair."
- (basketball) To make a shot, as a perfect swish.
- (colloquial) sophisticated; fashionable; smooth.
- This restaurant looks very — it even has linen tablecloths.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for swish for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of swish