- (countable) a quick grab, bat, or other motion with the hand or paw; A sweep
- (countable) A strong blow given with a sweeping motion, as with a bat or club.
- (countable, informal) a rough guess; an estimate or swag
verb (swip, ing)
- Take a at the answer, even if you're not sure.
- (uncountable) Poor, weak beer; small beer.
- (transitive) To steal or snatch.
- Hey! Who swiped my lunch?
- (transitive) To scan or register by sliding something through a reader.
- He swiped his card at the door.
- (intransitive) to grab or bat quickly
- The cat swiped at the shoelace.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for swipe for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of swipe