- a submarine
- a sandwich made on a long bun; submarine sandwich
verb (sub, b, ing)
- We can get subs at that deli.
- (US, informal) A substitute.
- With the score 4 to 1, they brought in subs.
- She worked as a until she got her teaching certificate.
Etymology: Shortened form of submarine.
- (US, informal) To substitute for.
- (US, informal) To work as a substitute teacher, especially in primary and secondary education.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sub for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sub