Etymology: From straight + -en
- (transitive) To cause to become straight.
- (intransitive) To become straight.
- (transitive) To put in order
- Adjective, order; to sort
- Verb, sort; to tidy up.
- (transitive) To clarify a situation or concept to (an audience).
- (context, transitive, slang) To bribe
- Verb, bribe or corrupt
- Verb, corrupt.
- (intransitive) To stand up, especially from a sitting position.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for straighten for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of straighten