- A small firework that burns with a fizzing noise.
- A similar device used to ignite a rocket etc.
verb (squib, b, ed)
- (Film special effects) A small explosive used to replicate a bullet hitting a surface.
- (dated) A short piece of witty writing; a lampoon.
- In a legal casebook, a short summary of a case placed between more fully cited cases.
- (archaic) An unimportant, paltry, or mean-spirited person.
- To make a sound such as a small explosion.
Etymology: Possibly imitative of a small explosion. (if you pronounce the 'q' somewhat heavily, almost more like a 'k').
- A w:Snider-Enfield, Snider squibbed in the jungle.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for squib for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of squib