verb (spindl, ing)
- (spinning) a distaff, the rod used for spinning and then winding natural fibres, especially wool.
- a rod which turns, or on which something turns.
- a worldwide tree of the genus Euonymus, originally used for making the spindles used for spinning wool.
- an upright spike for holding paper documents by skewering.
- To make into a long tapered shape.
- To impale on a device for holding paper documents.
- Do not fold, or mutilate this document.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spindle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of spindle