- A band or ribbon for keeping the hair in place, including the hair-band formerly worn in Scotland and northern England by young unmarried women.
- A small hairnet or cap worn by women to keep their hair in place.
- 2006, Thomas Pynchon, Against the Day, Vintage 2007, p. 264:
- :serious girls with their hair in snoods entered numbers into logbooks ....
- The flap of skin on the beak of a turkey.
- A short line of horsehair, gut, monofilament, etc., by which a fishhook is attached to a longer (and usually heavier) line; a snell.
Etymology: snod, snÅd.
- To keep the hair in place with a snood.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for snood for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of snood