- A long piece cut or rent off; a sharp, slender fragment; a splinter.
- A strand, or slender roll, of cotton or other fiber in a loose, untwisted state, produced by a carding machine and ready for the roving or slubbing which preceeds spinning.
- Bait made of pieces of small fish. Cf. Kibblings.
- (New York) A narrow high-rise apartment building.
- (transitive) To cut or divide into long, thin pieces, or into very small pieces; to cut or rend lengthwise; to slit; as, to sliver wood.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sliver for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sliver