- (obsolete) An animal's trail or track.
- (archaic) A sleuth-hound; a bloodhound.
- A detective.
- 1908, w:Edith Van Dyne, Edith Van Dyne (Frank L. Baum), Aunt Jane"s Nieces at Millville
- : Do ye want me to become a , or engage detectives to track the objects of your erroneous philanthropy?
- (intransitive) To act as a detective; to try to discover who committed a crime.
- 1922, w:Agatha Christie, Agatha Christie, The Secret Adversary
- : We must discover where he lives, what he does " him, in fact!
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sleuth for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sleuth