- (grammar) A form of a word that refers to only one person or thing.
- Being only one of a larger population.
Etymology: From singuler < < singularis "alone of its kind" < singulus "single".
- A experiment cannot be regarded as scientific proof of the existence of a phenomenon.
- Being the only one of the kind; unique.
- Distinguished by superiority.
- Being out of the ordinary.
- (grammar) Referring to only one thing or person.
- (context, linearalg, of matrix) Having no inverse.
- (context, linearalg, of transformation) Having the property that the matrix of coefficients of the new variables has a determinant equal to zero.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for singular for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of singular