verb (sickle, sickling, sickled, sickles)
- an agricultural implement, having a semicircular blade and short handle, used for cutting long grass and cereal crops
- (transitive) To cut with a sickle
- (transitive) To deform (as with a red blood cell) into an abnormal crescent shape.
- (intransitive) To assume an abnormal crescent shape. Used of red blood cells.
- Shaped like the blade of a sickle; crescent-shaped.
Etymology: Old English sicol
- a sickle moon
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sickle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of sickle