Etymology: From Old French, reversion (modern réversion), from reversio, from revertere.
- The action of reverting something.
- The action of returning to a former condition or practice; reversal.
- The fact of being turned the reverse way.
- The action of turning something the reverse way.
- The return of an estate to the donor or grantor after expiry of the grant.
- An estate which has been returned in this manner.
- The right of succeeding to an estate, or to another possession.
- The right of succeeding to an office after the death or retirement of the holder.
- The return of a genetic characteristic after a period of suppression.
- A sum payable on a person's death.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for reversion for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of reversion