verb (refus, ing)
- Collectively, items or material that have been discarded; rubbish, garbage.
- (transitive) To decline (a request or demand).
- My request for a pay rise was refused.
- I refuse to listen to this nonsense any more.
- (intransitive) To decline a request or demand; to withhold permission.
- I asked the star if I could have her autograph, but she refused.
- discarded, Discarded, rejected.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for refuse for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of refuse