verb (propagates, propagating, propagated)
- To cause to continue or multiply by generation, or successive production; -- applied to animals and plants; as, to propagate a breed of horses or sheep; to propagate a species of fruit tree.
- To cause to spread to extend; to impel or continue forward in space; as, to propagate sound or light.
- To spread from person to person; to extend the knowledge of; to originate and spread; to carry from place to place; to disseminate; as, to propagate a story or report; to propagate the Christian religion.
- (obsolete) To multiply; to increase.
- To generate; to produce.
- To have young or issue; to be produced or multiplied by generation, or by new shoots or plants; as, rabbits propagate rapidly.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for propagate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of propagate