- The edible, fleshy stone fruit of Prunus domestica, often of a dark red or purple colour.
- The stone-fruit tree which bears this fruit, Prunus domestica.
- A dark bluish-red color/colour, the colour of some plums.
- <table><tr><td>plum colour: </td><td bgcolor="
adjective (more, -)
- 5F4951" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- A desirable thing.
- A raisin, when used in a pudding or cake.
- (pejorative) A fool, idiot
- (slang, usually in plural) A testicle.
- The edible, fleshy stone of Prunus mume, an Asian fruit more closely related to the apricot than the plum, usually consumed pickled, dried, or as a juice or wine; ume.
- The tree which bears this fruit, Prunus mume. See plum blossom.
- (comparable) Of a dark bluish-red colour.
- (not comparable) choice, Choice; especially lavish or preferred.
- She landed a position as an executive for the firm.
- completely, Completely; utterly.
Etymology: (term, plume, plÅme, lang=ang), from (Ger.)
- You're going to think I'm crazy for this, but I want to adopt all seven kittens.
- (term, , prÅma). Cognate with German (term, Pflaume), Dutch (term, pruim). Compare (term, prune)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plum for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of plum