- The state or condition of being parallel; agreement in direction, tendency, or character.
- Agreement or similarity; resemblance; correspondence; analogy; likeness.
- A parallel position; the relation of parallels.
- (grammar) The juxtaposition of two or more identical or equivalent syntactic constructions, especially those expressing the same sentiment with slight modifications, introduced for rhetorical effect.
- (philosophy) The doctrine that matter and mind do not causally interact but that physiological events in the brain or body nonetheless occur simultaneously with matching events in the mind.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for parallelism for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of parallelism