- a companion; a match; an equal
- emulation; rivalry; competition
- a model or pattern; a pattern of excellence or perfection; as, a paragon of beauty or eloquence
- In the novel, Constanza is a of virtue who would never compromise her reputation.
- a size of type between great primer and double pica.
Etymology: From paragone (literally "touchstone") < Greek parakonan < Greek para- + akÅne
- to compare; to parallel; to put in rivalry or emulation with
- to compare with; to equal; to rival
- to serve as a model for; to surpass
- to be equal; to hold comparison
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for paragon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of paragon