- A Roman soldier.
- A Roman or Byzantine official.
- A feudal lord, (a Pfalzgraf or Count-palatine), or a bishop possessing palatine powers.
- Of or relating to the Palatine Hill in Rome.
- Of or relating to powers normally possessed by a sovereign but exercised by a lesser noble, or by a nominee of a sovereign.
- Of or relating to a palace, particularly for the Eastern and Western Roman emperors.
- Of or relating to a palatine or a palatinate, especially the Rhineland Palatinate.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for palatine for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of palatine