- a plant of the orchid family, bearing unusually-shaped flowers of beautiful colours.
- (colour) a light blue, bluish-red, violet-red or purple color, colour.
- <table><tr><td>orchid colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- DA70D6?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
Etymology: From Latin orchis (wrongly interpreting orchid- as the stem), from Greek "testicle".
- (colour) having a light purple colour.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for orchid for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of orchid