- (mineralogy) A bright green mineral, a basic copper carbonate, Cu2CO3(OH)2; one of the principal ores of copper.
- (colour) A mild green colour, like that of the mineral.
- <table><tr><td>malachite colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 679267" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
Etymology: From Greek (malakhe) "mallows".<ref>James D. Dana: Dana's System of Mineralogy. Volume II, seventh edition, revised by Charles Palache, Harry Berman, and Clifford Frondel. John Wiley & Sons, 1951</ref>
- (colour) of a mild green colour, like that of the mineral.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for malachite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of malachite