- (uncountable) The act of tying something.
- (countable) A cord or similar thing used to tie something; especially the thread used in surgery to close a vessel or duct.
- (countable) A character, such as í¦, Å“, íŸ, or Ä³ that combines multiple letters.
- (countable) (context, music) A group of notes played as a phrase, or the curved line that indicates such a phrase.
- (countable) A piece used to hold the reed to the mouthpiece on woodwind instruments.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ligature for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of ligature