verb (infus, ing)
- (transitive) To cause to become an element of something; to insert or fill.
- (transitive) To steep in a liquid, so as to extract the soluble constituents (usually medicinal or herbal).
- (transitive) To instill as a quality.
Etymology: infu(n)do fu(n)dere fusi fusum: to pour.
- Jonathan Swift 1667"1745: "Why should he desire to have qualities infused into his son, which himself never possessed, or knew, or found the want of, in the acquisition of his wealth?"
- (intransitive) To undergo infusion.
- (intransitive) To tincture.
- (intransitive) To saturate.
- Let it for five minutes.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for infuse for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of infuse